Monday, August 11, 2008

Honey amber rose

This beer got "Cracklin Rosie" by Neil Diamond in my head for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT. As a result of this (and the suicidal thoughts it in turn created), I thought it only appropriate to write a little about it.

So: Honey Amber Rose. There were warning flags I should have caught up on: the fact that it's called a "malt beverage" on the label, the fact that it reads "MALT BEVERAGE BREWED WITH HONEY AND ROSE HIPS AND HONEY ADDED," the fact that it's made in Melbourne Florida and, most importantly, that it's named something as ridiculous as "Honey Amber Rose".

All things considered it's alright. Just ... alright. The rose hips add a subtle flavor to what would otherwise be an overly sweet beer. Most importantly though is that the beer lacks low notes: rose hips, honey, and that's it. That's all you taste. It's basically a very light beer with some added flavoring that practically evaporates off the tongue. When you burp a few minutes later, you'd swear you'd drank a schlitz.

And that's alright.

I bought this for a potluck dinner I went to Saturday but wound up forgetting it. In retrospect I'm glad I did.

BONUS: LOOK AT THIS HAIR

1 comment:

Jessenia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.