Wednesday, December 3, 2008

art blarrghhsssel

Art Basel is smoke. There are a hundred things happening but no one really knows anything about them until they leave for them 5 minutes previous.

I don't have a close knit group of art or club kids, or at least close enough that they'd drag me out. Word of mouth doesn't come to me the way it used to. That's fine. I'll go see some art at the convention center and Scope, find some random people to do it with at a random time, and enjoy myself. I'm just not super excited and not really planning on gallery hopping or drinking too much.

Maybe I'm getting old.

I do think I'll be seeing Yelle though. A free excuse to head to the Beach on a Wednesday night is a-ok by me.

p.s. I think I might try metroing to Venetian Causeway, riding my bike across, then riding all the way to South Miami
p.p.s. Someone asked if I was going to see The Sounds tonight and I briefly wondered where they were playing for Basel before realizing that they were actually making a tour stop at Revolution. This makes me wonder whether their turnout will be hurt by all the Basel stuff going on, but I highly doubt it given how infrequently people in Broward venture south and vice versa. Oh, and Revolution? You're in Ft. Lauderdale. Stop claiming you're in Miami. You aren't even in the same damn county.

2 comments:

EAT said...

Why don't you call us? You're too good for us? Come Basel with me.

krylonultraflat said...

Ok so maybe the lesson here is that I'm really just a whiny baby.

I'll give you a ring shortly. Assuming I don't lose my mind and decide to try to get to the beach via a mix of public transit and my bicycle.